Physician & Allied Staff Directory
The following physicians and medical professionals provide medical services to SRMC and have clinics located in the SRMC Medical Office Building adjacent to the hospital:
Sumner County Family Care Center
507 E 16th St #1 | Wellington, KS 67152 | 620-326-3301
Additional Providers Affiliated With SRMC
What Do The Acronyms Mean?
- A.R.N.P. (Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner) - Nurse practitioners are registered nurses with additional skills and training that enable them to provide common primary health care services. They specialize in one area: family, adult, geriatric, women's health, school, or pediatric nursing. They can take medical histories, perform physical exams, interpret laboratory studies, prescribe and administer drugs, and provide certain treatment; larger issues are referred to a physician or other health practitioner.
- C.R.N.A. - A registered, advance-practice nurse who has acquired additional education and training and has passed a national certification examination to administer anesthesia and provide anesthesia-related care. CRNAs care for patients before, during and after surgical, obstetrical or other medical procedures.
- D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathy) - A Doctor of Osteopathy is also a licensed physician, able to perform surgery and prescribe medicine. D.O.s practice a "whole person" approach to medicine-placing an emphasis on understanding the relationship between the organs, muscles, nerves, tissues, bones and tendons; and also a focus on preventive health care.
- M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) - A Doctor of Medicine is a health professional who has earned a degree after studying and graduating from a course of study at an approved medical school.
- P.A.-C (Physician Assistant-Certified) - This individual has met the defined course of study and has undergone testing by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA). To maintain that "C" after "PA," a physician assistant must log 100 hours of continuing medical education every two years and take the recertification exam every six years.