The SRMC Surgery Department is a highly-efficient department staffed by a dedicated and skilled group of medical professionals. We are able to offer round-the clock-services by supplementing regularly scheduled staff with on-call staff in order to handle emergency procedures.
The Surgical Team includes
- Our superb team of surgeons is assisted by three RNs, and two PRN RN’s who are cross-trained for surgery and recovery (PACU).
- A team of scrub techs who are cross-trained for Surgery and Central Sterile.
- Anesthesia and epidurals for all surgical cases are administered and managed by our contracted CRNA (Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist).
The Surgery Department consists of three integrated units, including:
- Surgery – Where procedures are performed including: General Surgery, OB/GYN, ENT, Dental, Urology, Endoscopy, and Podiatry.
- Post-Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) – Where patients are taken immediately after surgery to recover from their anesthesia.
- Central Sterile Department – Where surgical instruments are washed, packaged, and sterilized, not only for surgery, but for the entire hospital. The department also sterilizes instruments for all of the physician offices.
620-326-7451 Ext. 237